Monday, August 31, 2026

SNR SZN

 

It's Official: Senior Season is in full effect. It really feels like it started at the end of last school year, when Sara was named cheer captain. Her life has been crazy and exciting (tiring?) ever since. That announcement was such a special way to start her year, and although it's already been a ton of work, I see it shaping her.

In July, we went for yearbook and cap & gown pics right after she got home from camp.

We spent a HOT weekend in August painting Sara's senior parking spot. Her vision felt a little overwhelming to Steve and me, but we worked together on a plan and we were so proud of our finished product! Steve gets all the credit for those stripes, and Sara worked hard on perfecting the rest.

The quote says, "you'll get by, just fine" - a Zach Bryan lyric. Perfectly fitting for our girl.

She painted her car, and included lyrics from Fleetwood Mac and "The Boss". Love her style!

Sara and friends attended Senior Sunrise. It's one event after another to document in their hearts and on The Gram.

And of course they had to embrace the theme of wearing a backpack that represents their childhood. Sara chose Strawberry Shortcakeđź’— Of course I loved SS as a kid, but then they came out with an updated version when Sara was little. I loved watching the episodes with her.

I got to be a fly on the wall at football media day and loved that Sara stopped for a quick pic with me.

Last week, she was finally back on the sideline for football. All night, she just looked SO happy. Between games, comp, captain responsibilities, and more, cheer will be a lot this year (already has been), but seeing her shine and smile one the sideline was a reminder that the work is worth it!

And of course there have been Senior Pics ... on top of Senior Pics on top of Senior Pics. Apparently being a Senior these days is like being a highly sought-after super model. It's a little over the top ... but how I can complain? I'm so thankful for the people capturing Sara as she is today. 
Sara has a busy school schedule with cheer, PALS, forensic science, AP stat, AP Econ, and dual credit English ... but that Senior early release sure helps make up for it. We've only just started this year and it's already so busy ... I know football season will stay that way and it'll probably snowball after that. Staying busy, soaking it up, and documenting it daily in a million photos and memories.

0 comments: