Sunday, October 4, 2026

HoCo '26

Sara's Senior Homecoming was definitely the cherry on top of four years of HoCo. Due to some last minute scheduling changes at the school, many Seniors embraced two weekends of celebration instead of just one! On the Saturday leading into Homecoming Week, Sara went with a group of girlfriends, and on the Saturday following Homecoming Week, she went with a date group. It was a whirlwind of festivities!

Back in the summer (before we knew HoCo would happen over two weekends), Sara told me that she loved her dress from Freshman year so much that she wanted to wear it again as a Senior. I loved that idea for several reasons. What we didn't anticipate is that her date from Freshman year would reappear in her life ... and ask her to Senior HoCo! Such a fun full-circle moment for these two.

Before the date night could happen, though, Sara kicked off the week in a navy dress with a group of girls. They took photos and went to eat in Dallas, so Steve, Emma, and I hit up the downtown BWW after this!

Homecoming Week was full of fun, including the annual parade and community pep rally!

Sara wasn't on the PALS float since she was with Cheer, but I at least got to capture her name!

The community pep rally was packed and festive as always.

Afterwards, several kids got together for the mum and garter exchange.
West's Cheer and Football Captains were invited to the KISS FM studio to record a segment ahead of Friday's game.
Such a cool experience and I'm thankful for coaches who took photos for us!
The Senior jeans finally made an appearance. The girls got to school early to take lots of photos before Sara had to change into her uniform for the pep rally.
FNL ... West lost, but Cheer was on fire!!
Super Fans (Emma is, too, but she was way up high in the "middle school section")!
Of course HoCo week isn't complete without lots of projects! After Grandma made Sara's original letters and they got lost in the mail, Sara got to work making her own and designing her jeans. They turned out super cute.

I was proud of my projects too ... Sara's boot ribbons got compliments from both girls, which is no easy feat.
And I successfully made her mini leg mum for the game! It only lost one strand of beads after a night of cheering.
The real mum had to be made by professionals ... I'm not there yet.
We wrapped up the week with a "second round" of HoCo, this time in the OG dress with the OG date.
Tough.
A rare photo with her dad ...💙
And I had to go into the archives to do a Freshman/Senior side-by-side. Love these two and their journey ... no telling where it'll lead, but it sure was a sweet way to close their high school homecoming chapter.

0 comments: